Council has embarked upon a process to manage the trees within the shire, with the aim of taking a consistent approach to the overall aesthetics of the shire.
Contact Council's Parks and Gardens Manager, on (02) 6980 1100 for further information.
Council has been taking steps to manage the tree stock in urban areas of the Shire.
The objective of this program is to:
- Prioritise treatment required for trees including renewal;
- Develop a succession planting strategy;
- Develop best practice for tree planting;
- Identify suitable and unsuitable species for the area;
- Develop a strategy to improve the aesthetics;
- Input of tree data into Council cadastral (mapping).
Council would also like to inform residents that any necessary pruning of street trees, is to be carried out by Council Staff. To have street tree pruning carried out, please notify the office, and Council's Parks and Gardens Staff will be advised and will attend to the matter.
Notification to the Shire Office if you have problems with existing street trees, or if you require an inspection of trees in your vicinity.
Street tree selection and planting is only to be carried out by Council Staff, so please notify the Shire Office if you require trees for your nature strip or footpath.