A Development Application (DA) is a request that you can make to Council to carry out various types of development such as:
- Building a residential, commercial or industrial building
- Making an alteration or addition to a residential, commercial or industrial property
- Subdividing land
- Strata subdividing a building
- Changing the use of a building
From July 1 2021, Temora Shire Council is required to provide all of its planning services online. This is a requirement of all Councils by the NSW Government.
In order to use this service, you must register using a Service NSW account. Many residents will already have an account through other NSW Government programs.
The ePlanning program allows users to submit a Development Application (DA) online through the Planning Portal. Council can review the DA and request and receive additional documents before making a determination.
We recommend you follow this procedure when making a development application:
1. Contact Council to make an appointment for a pre-submission consultation with a Council representative who will help you determine what documents you will require and provide you with estimated costs. To book a consultation phone 6980 1100 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
2. Register or log in to the Planning Portal using a Service NSW account.
3. Gather your documents, such as:
- Statement of Environmental Effects(DOC, 106KB)
- Plans of the proposed development (including site plans, floor plans, elevations and sections).
- Plans demonstrating proposed landscaping
- Plans of existing development (if being retained wholly or partly)
- Subdivision plans (if proposed)
- Supply of water or sewer documents
- Stormwater plan
- BASIX Certificate (if applicable), and plans demonstrating commitments
Your Development Application should address all relevant matters upfront in your Statement of Environmental Effects(DOC, 106KB) (SEE). This will help to ensure an efficient and smooth process.
A range of plans and documents must be submitted with your appliation. The specific plans and documents will vary depending on your development. A pre-lodgement consultation with a Council representative will help you determine which documents you will require, and what costs you will incur.
Once you have lodged your DA or CDC, Council staff will email you to advise you of the relevant application fees. You can choose to pay online directly to Council using a bank transfer payment, or you may visit Council’s office during business hours to pay by EFT, credit card or cash.
Once your application is determined, Council will email you with the determination.
If you do not have access to a computer, there are computers available at the Temora Library, or Council planning staff can assist you to lodge your application online at Council’s offices, by appointment.
Follow this link for information about planning
To lodge a DA, follow this link
To access quick reference guides follow this link
Watch a YouTube video that provides an overview of the planning portal
Watch an introduction to the background to the planning portal here
Watch a step by step video of how to lodge a DA online. **Thanks to Central Coast Council for this video
Watch a step by step video of how to lodge a Complying Development Certificate (CDC). **Thanks to Central Coast Council for this video
Please contact Council if you are not sure if your development is complying development
Other videos are also available, including lodging Construction Certificate, Occupation Certificate and Subdivision Certificate. **Thanks to Central Coast Council for these videos