Building and Planning

Development Applications

It is now a requirement by the NSW Government that all DAs are submitted via the online Planning Portal. We strongly recommend applicants contact Council to arrange a pre-lodgement consultation with a Council representative to ensure the process is as smooth as possible before they begin the online process. To book a pre-lodgement consultation phone 6980 1100 or email

For more detailed information and a step-by-step guide to submitting a DA, go to our Development Application page.

Recently Approved Development Applications

Recently approved development applications can be viewed at Council's offices upon request, are printed monthly in the Temora Independent, or can be accessed via download below.

If you require further information on the approved DAs, please contact Council on 6980 1100

View past approved DAs here

Submission of Application and Plans

Applicants are required to complete their development application online via the Planning Portal. All attachments of supporting information, including relevant plans, Statements of Environmental Effects and supporting studies must be in electronic format.

Plans attached must be drawn at an appropriate scale, (1:100, 1:200, 1:500) most often prepared by an architect, engineer, designer or draftsperson.

The types of plans required are:

  1. A site plan showing the location of the proposed building on the site.
  2. A floor plan showing the size and uses on any building or rooms.
  3. Elevations showing the appearance, height and levels of any buildings.
  4. For any development other than residential, additional information as indicated on the development application form, is required.

Structural certificates, specification, survey certificates etc are not required to be prepared for submission with the Development Application.

Refer to the Development Applications chapter of the DCP for further detail of information to be included with a DA.
When preparing plans for submission to Council, applicants should consider the following professional services:

  • Registered Architects (or at minimum suitable plan drawing services),
  • Landscape Architects
  • Landscape Designers
  • Land Surveyors
  • Qualified Civil / Structural Engineers.

A Statement of Environmental Effects will be required to support a DA to Council. For simple applications, such as dwellings and sheds, Council has a Statement of Environmental Effects form (available below) which must be completed by the applicant.

statement-of-environmental-effects.doc(DOC, 106KB)

For more complex applications, further detail is necessary for assessment. Applicants should consider engaging professional consultants to assist with the preparation of their Statement of Environmental Effects.

Applicants should discuss their proposal with Council to ascertain the requirements at the pre planning stage.

Local constraints including flooding (local or major waterbodies or rivers), fill, geotechnical hazards or other constraints that may affect the site should be fully detailed in the statement of environmental effects.

Council or Private Accredited Certifier

On obtaining Development Consent, you now have a choice of having the construction plans and building inspections assessed by Council or a Private Accredited Certifier.

A Construction Certificate must be applied for and approved by either Council or a Private Accredited certifier prior to any building work being undertaken.