Riverina Eastern Regional Organisation of Councils (REROC)
Temora Shire Council is a member of Riverina Eastern Regional Organisation of Councils (REROC).
REROC incorporates 9 General Purpose Councils and two water county councils located in the Eastern Riverina.
Members include - Bland, Coolamon, Cootamundra-Gundagai, Greater Hume, Junee, Lockhart and Temora councils, plus Goldenfields Water and Riverina Water county councils.
- To participate in activities which promote effective regional development;
- To enhance the collective status of Local Government within the eastern Riverina;
- To provide an additional avenue to secure and implement externally sourced funding on agreed projects or programs;
- To promote a sense of regional community within the eastern Riverina to enhance the ability to achieve outcomes within this broader community while respecting the diversity of aspirations and importance of the individual communities included;
- To promote co-operation between constituent Councils and to realise opportunities for greater efficiency in service delivery where appropriate through sharing of human, financial and capital resources;
- To provide a mechanism to share expertise and ideas and to promote innovation between constituent Councils;
- To facilitate regional planning on a range of environmental, economic, social, and infrastructure issues;
- To advance the interests of the region covered by the member Councils and organisations;
- To generate the funds necessary to enable REROC to achieve its strategic goals.
How is REROC funded?
REROC is funded through membership fees from the 9 councils.
The activities of REROC fall into three main areas; resource sharing initiatives, identifying regional solutions for local problems and lobbying activities.
81 - 83 Johnston Street PO Box 646,
WAGGA WAGGA NSW 2650
Ph: (02) 6931 9050, Fax: (02) 6931 9040
Visit the REROC Website